Monday 17 March 2014

My Bestie

Good evening all

It's been a little while since I posted last, been trying to catch on a few things at home and time has just run away with me.

Today's card has a theme of brown and green, I love these two colours together.


I have started with a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Grande Dots embossing folder, I have used the Adirondack Earthtones Espresso Ink Pad to add colour.  This has then been layered onto brown Centura Pearl card.

Next I have taken a panel of patterned digital paper, layered it onto the same brown Centura Pearl and placed it on the right hand side of the background.  Brown stitch ribbon has been wrapped around the background.

Using the Cameo Silhouette, I have cut three banners, two from brown Centura Pearl and one from green Centura Pearl.  These have been placed on the left hand side of the background and three flat back gems added to the top of each one.


The digital stamp is My Bestie from Sherri Baldy.  I have coloured her using ProMarkers and layered her onto match brown Centura Pearl.  Little green flat back gems have been added in groups of three to the background of the image.  I found these little gem stones in Saver's, they are for nail act but at only 79p for a pot of different colours I had to have them and I think they work really well.


I have added a bow using a green glittered organza and brown stitched ribbon.  The glittered shaped in the middle is a brad.


To finished the card, I have added a Happy Birthday sentiment using the Whimsy Stamps Birthday Sentimentables die and a small butterfly using the Memory Box Pippi Butterfly and some more of those little flat back gems.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Passion For ProMarkers - Butterfly Kisses
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges - Happy Birthday
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Add A Birthday Sentiment
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Paper Pretties - Birthday Cards
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges - Wearing Of The Green
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Ribbon n Bows
Craftitude - Anything Goes Or Add A Little Green
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog - Include Some Green
One Stitch At A Time - Use A Digi
Butterfly Challenge - A Stitch In Time
Miriam's Crafting Blog - Shades Of Green

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment