Sunday 25 May 2014

Maternity

Good morning all

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.  I have got to work tomorrow so I'm making the most of today.  I have made this card for a very close friend who is going on Maternity Leave at the end of this week.

I have chosen blue as the colour theme as she already has a little boy and everyone is convince that this one is going to be boy as well because of the way she is carrying.

The digital stamp is from Sassy Studio Designs and I have coloured her using ProMarkers.


I have started by taking a triangle of blue Centura Pearl card stock and randomly stamping a swirl pattern with Perfect Medium.  This has then been heat embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Lake Lustre embossing powder.

Next, I have taken a triangle of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Emossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder.  Both of these triangles have then been layered onto dark blue card stock and some bling has been added where the two join.  This whole background has been layered onto white card stock with a pierced edge.


From my computer, I have printed off the saying "A Mother's joy begins when a new life is stirring inside, when a tiny heart beat is heard for the very first time and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.  Next, I have cut this out using a Spellbinders circle die and layered it onto dark blue card.

The digital stamp has been cut out and placed to the left of the saying and the whole thing has been layered onto the background with Pinflair glue to add dimension.


The flowers have been made by stamping the Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur onto blue Centura Pearl with Perfect Medium and heat embossing with the same Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder as the background.  These have then been cut out using the matching die, shaped and layered to form three flowers.  In the centre of each flower, I have added glittery blue buds.

Using the Spellbinders D-Lites Sprigs die, I have cut out four from dark blue card and layered these onto the top right hand corner of the card and then placed the flowers onto these.


To finish, I have added a blue bow and a glittery heart.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Ooh La La Creations - Quotations
Crafty Boots Challenges - Blue And White
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - All About Babies
Hobby Cutz Challenges - Shades Of The Same Colour
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Embossing And Bling
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment