Friday 23 May 2014

Mr & Mrs

Good afternoon all

I think the last few days have taken their toll on me, I didn't wake up until 9 this morning and that was only because my son rang me.

He is feel much much better, we took him out for a little while to get some fresh air, I keep telling him that he needs to move around so he doesn't get to stiff.

I have managed to make a card last night in between running up and down the stairs getting him drinks and taking his dinner up.  This one is a wedding card with the colours of white and purple.


I have taken a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Rose Vine embossing folder.  I have added colour to the edges of this using the Cosmic Shimmer Golden Lilac Gilding Wax and then layered it onto purple card stock leaving a small border around the edge.

Next I have cut out a panel from the same purple card using the Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.  Using one of the smaller dies from the same set, I have cut out four from white card stock and embossed it using a Spellbinders Heart embossing folder.  Again, using the Gilding Wax, I have added colour to all four of these and then layered onto the purple panel.


Next, using the Memory Box Gentle Swan die, I have cut out two swans from white card stock backed with a double sided adhesive sheet and covered it with Glamour Dust.  These have then been layered onto the background.

I have cut out a Mr & Mrs from purple card using my Cameo Silhouette and a cutting file from the Silhouette store and layered this onto the background also.


The flowers have been made by stamping onto vellum the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Poinsettia with Perfect Medium and heat embossing with Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder.  I have then coloured the back of the vellum using the Gilding Wax and cut out with the matching die.

These have then been shaped and layered and for the centre, I have added Pinflair glue and covered with Glamour Dust to match the swans.


To finish I have used the Marianne Design Creatables Wedding Rings die and cut them out of white card stock and again, these have been covered with Glamour Dust.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Jo's Scrap Shack - Sketch
Sentimental Sundays - Funky Flowers

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment